Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My New Bud.

Grand baby Asher is due any day now. I am anxiously waiting to meet him and kiss him, and smell him, and hug him, and hold him, and stare at him. I hope Kimberly and Austin let me take a turn.

Kendall and I got a little teaser of him when we went to his 4d Ultrasound with Kimberly. That was an awesome day! We really saw a baby in her tummy. We saw his face! We saw him moving his hands all around up by his mouth and we thought he was so cute.

When Kimberly first found out she was having a boy, Kendall and I both imagined him looking like Brendan. During Christmas time Austin's long lost baby album was found. One night Kendall and I stayed up looking through it. We smiled and laughed until it hurt. Austin was a precious little boy. So now when I think of Asher I picture that cute little Austin.

I do have mixed emotions about this birth. I can't wait but then again I am thinking about Kimberly and her birthing experience. I had my babies natural and I know what it feels like. In one way it is a lot of work and a bit painful but on the other hand it is so amazing and empowering. And in the end you get to meet him and kiss him and smell him, and hug him, and hold him, and stare at him.





12 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Kimberly is so lovely, such a beautiful mother-to-be. I am so looking forward to you being a GRANDMA! You both are in my thoughts. Keep us posted!

danakat said...

Yay yay yay!
I am so excited for lil Asher to get here so you can do all those grandmotherly things. My mom says that your heart just doesn't really feel that kind of love until you see your first grandchild. She said it knocked her socks off! I can't wait for you to lose your socks.

Wendyrful said...

Oh this was such a cute post!!! I love that sentiment, "And in the end you get to meet him and kiss him and smell him, and hug him, and hold him, and stare at him." and that is how you started the post. Soooooooo sweet!!! You should have that done up in vinyl or somthing to put on the wall. Sooooooo sweet! and those are cute pic's of her little prego tummy! Can't wait! ;-)

Lisha said...

What an exciting, special time! Your thoughts are so poignant and dead on... thanks for sharing.

Kim Mayfield said...

I love these pictures of her! I'm excited for them, and you.

When Kayti starts bugging me that she wants me to have another baby, I tell her to just wait a few more years and give me a grandbaby instead!

Dawn, said...

What a spoiled little fella Asher will be, lucky guy!! Babies do smell so very good don't they!!! Kimberly is breathtaking.

hope said...

How fun!! You will be an awesome Grandma!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what he looks like and to see pics of all of you giving him some sugar!

I look forward to hearing the news! :)

Karen said...

So sweet. What great shots. And this little one will be so lucky to come into a family with so much love! Can't wait.

The Happy Haynie Family said...

As I have witnessed the birth of some of my grandchildren and helped my daughters go through delivery I often thought that it would be so much easier for me and them to do the delivery for them...I know what I am doing!! But alas that is not how it works which is probably a very good thing!

I love being Grandma and or Nuna! It is the reason I didn't kill my kids!!!

Lacey Freeman said...

Cute cute cute pictures. I love every second of being pregnant and with Davis, the birth was awesome and I would do it 100 times over. It is such an amazing experience. I can't even describe it, just amazing and so so so so so special. I m excited to see pictures of little Asher! :) (my best friend's little boy is named Asher.)

Paula said...

I know the excitement is growing! I can almost feel the love waiting to burst out of you! :D
(and yes, I took your advice..and I'm trying out the "blog" thing!)