Monday, November 2, 2009

Fairy Tears and Bat Blood

A few months ago I promised Kendall and her friends that we would throw a Halloween party this year. Kendall and I had grand plans for a Coraline theme. We wanted to make the house have wompy furniture, spiders and buttons everywhere. What we ended up with is some hints of Coraline and a really great party!
It wasn't until well after Kendall had handed out her handmade invitations that I realized it was Stake Conference weekend. OOPS.
On Tuesday I was hit with a really bad flu that progressed into Bronchitis. I went to bed Monday night and I pretty much stayed there until Saturday morning.
Kendall, Clark, Kimberly, Austin and Kendall's amazing friends: Stephanie, Anna and Cassie took what we had and prepared for the party on Saturday while I sat on the couch and "helped"
I wish all parties were this easy for me.
We had about 40 young people show up and they rocked on from 7pm to 11pm
I love young people!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

8 comments:

kg said...

Wow. How fun! And this is why you are YW pres :) And I'm sure all the 'young people' love you too!

Karen said...

So fun. It looks so great. I hope you are feeling better soon. As for my indoor pic's HIGH film speed and an occasional flash will go along way.

danakat said...

Beyond impressed at what was accomplished while you were sick and only "helped". CrAzY GOOD!! Those spiders are to die for...love love love them.
Will you just adopt my girls when they hit that age? I'm serious, you know.

Glad you're feeling better! No fun being sick.

Sharon said...

You are seriously amazing! LOOK at all the fun things y'all do. No wonder all the youth love you.

Glad you are better.

Quincy Sorensen said...

I was about to write that I couldn't believe you had 40 young people (nice term for Crazy Teenagers on Halloween Night) over at your house, BUT I ACTUALLY CAN! Who wouldn't want to be at the Kingsford's house for a party? COUNT ME IN!

Kimberly Cone said...

No pics of the spiderwebs I did. They were the best! haha. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for being so awesome!

Lisa said...

Very neat!! It looks so fun!

Kim Mayfield said...

You totally amaze me!

The kids had a great time, btw, and were so excited to be able to come to the party. Thanks for hosting, despite being sick.