Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Kendall's Gift

I received a cute red bird feeder from Kendall for Christmas. I went to the Wild Birds Unlimited store in Huntsville and got a bag of bird seed to attract song birds. Just like magic I've got a fluttering bunch of song birds surrounding the redbud tree right outside my back window. I love the internet. Whenever I see a new bird I just google it and then It is quickly Identified. So far I have seen some cool birds. I saw a couple of Cardinals, some Finches and a way adorable woodpecker. This wood pecker is actually on the endangered species list so I feel so special to have observed him.

Merritt guarding my Christmas gift. Too bad the birds get scared of her.

Photobucket



Photobucket

3 comments:

danakat said...

I love the feeder. Can't wait to see pictures of these beautiful birds visiting your place.

And sweet Merritt. What good doggie.

hope said...

I love all the birds around here, too!! That was the thrill my mom got when she moved here. Right out her window we observed baby woodpeckers climbing up our tree and a baby catbird fallen out of its nest and its mom and dad nudging it into the brush to protect it. Such beauty around here!!!

Karen said...

That is a gorgeuos bird feeder. I love your dog keeping watch! happy New Year!