Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Break in D.C.

We went to D.C. for fall break this year. This was my first time in that city and I loved it! The weather was perfect all week. We stayed in a hotel on the corner of F and 9th street. The city is so clean and pedestrian friendly. All the memorials and many of the museums are free. We bought a metro ticket for the whole week and it took us everywhere we wanted to go. So the vallet parked the car and we didn't see it all week. We either took the metro or walked and walked and walked.
My favorite museum is the Smithsonian National Art Gallery and the Sculpture park. I really enjoyed the botanical garden too. There are so many things we never got to see so we must go again soon.


The Washington Memorial

The Lincoln Memorial


The Thomas Jefferson Memorial

5 comments:

Stefanie H said...

Oh that looks fun! I just love vcacation :)

p.s. thanks for posting Brendans letters, i love reading them!!

Karen said...

I am glad you enjoyed your trip DC is awesome but it is a lot of walking. We did the trip when Katie was 2 months old. Thought I would die. But so fun. I miss you! It's really rather weird by the way.

danakat said...

Those pictures are fantastic!
I love DC too, but it's been YEARS! Too long.

I also am loving Brendan's emails. He is one amazing kid...I mean missionary.

You did good, mom.

Kim Mayfield said...

I'm so glad that y'all got to go, and have so much fun! Kendall and Stephanie came and told me a little bit about it in the office one day... they had lots of fun!

I love your pictures! We are thinking of taking a family vacation there sometime next year.

Wendyrful said...

D.C. is a great City. NYC was fun but so dirty compared to DC! DC is very clean, even in the subways.
I haven't been to D.C. in several years now. I really like to visit D.C. Glad you had fun!