Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sunflowers

Things have finally slowed down a little in YW's lately and that has given me a chance to spend some time with my Laurels. I have been able to take a few of them to ice cream and interview them about their Personal Progress. Sometimes I am so busy just getting the logistics together that I don't get to enjoy the part I really love about YW's and that is the girls. These young women are so amazing to me. I love how teachable they are. I love how inspired they make me feel.
We have a new Laurel class presidency and they are just a delight. Our activities always turn out terrific thanks to the great work they always put in. I love that I can count on them to carry out their responsibilities.
This last week one of my Laurels heard I wasn't feeling very well and she brought me a bouquet of sunflowers and a get well soon balloon. Every morning when I see those flowers I smile big.
I took another Laurel to ice cream on Monday and when I brought her home, in her driveway I saw a little jar of handpicked marigolds and a bowl of garden veggies next to a little paper sign that said "Thank You Sister Kingsford" . So thoughtful. I am not sure if her sisters did it or her mom, but it made my day.
Just like the Sunflowers my girls make me smile big.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! Those are the things that make all the hardships worth it! Of course you are doing a fantastic job!!!

danakat said...

You deserve as many big smiles as you can get! No one will ever know how much you put into your callings (except for your family of course). You are amazing and you inspire me.
luvs!

Hannah Marshall said...

Aw, i never realized how much my leaders cared about me and did for me until i became one and had my own girls to love! Sounds like you have some girls that are figuring it out a little earlier than i did. :)

Kimberly Cone said...

Hey mom. Did you hear the conference talk given by the General YW's prez today? Very good. Hope DC is soo fun!

Kim Mayfield said...

I miss you and the girls so much!!! I knew that this would happen once I was released... finally finding some time to spend on the fun stuff!