Monday, November 10, 2008

Homecoming

A young man in our ward hosted an alternative homecoming dinner and dance last month for one of his Faith in God projects. He wanted the music to be fun and clean. He also wanted an appropriate dress code. I was asked to help with the decorations. The theme ended up being "Inner city, disco, warehouse". We had a very limited budget and it still turned out way cute and fun!
Kendall is a freshman so she went to the dance after going to dinner at Cantina Lorado with her friends from school. She had a terrific time in her new great dress that she and I worked on together. She picked out the dress pattern and the fabric and I sewed it. We just didn't have time to help her sew this one.
She looked beautiful and so grown up.

Kendall's fabric choice

Photobucket

"Vintage Purple"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my favorite things about her dress is I only had to use this once!

Photobucket


Beautiful...
Photobucket

10 comments:

danakat said...

That girl is beyond beautiful!
And you are beyond talented!
What you can do is just breathtaking.

Oh, and I miss you, friend.

Karen said...

Kendall is gorgeuos. I love her and that dress. You're amazing on that sweing machine. I also love Stefanie. I miss those guys. I was glad to be able to be there. I think I'm in withdraw.....BTW-I hope that baby cooperated!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Shari, I am so AMAZED! Your skills are tremendous and Kendall . . . well, I'm always thought she is so beautiful. Really fun pictures and a fun idea. I just don't get to see enough. You need to come "meet" Susie soon.

Anonymous said...

You are an AWESOME seamstress! Is there anything you can't do? :)

Kendall and her friend look gorgeous!

Dawn, said...

Gorgeous Gal!!! That fabric could NOT have been more yummy, and don't get me started on the shoes!! I tried to sew for Savannah when she was small... I ended in terrible defeat... now Savannah is taking weekly sewing classes and I have high hopes for her. She just finished a slipper dress... I'll need to take a photo of her in it and post it.

Lacey Freeman said...

LOVE that dress!! She is so gorgeous...she could totally be a model!

kg said...

Wow! What a gorgeous dress and girl. You MADE the dress....SO impressed!

Wendyrful said...

Gorgeous!!!! only used the seam ripper once, wow! that's awesome!!! Kendall looked amazing!

Lisa said...

WOW WOW WOW

Stefanie H said...

She is SO beautiful. And the dress is beautiful as well! I juts love a nice modest dress :) They are so hard to come by these days.