Monday, July 7, 2008

JUNE

Brendan went into the MTC June 4th. It was so much more emotional than I had expected. I know that Brendan is prepared to go on his mission. We have prepared for this since we knew we were having a son. The day came to put him on the plane to send him to Uncle Brians in Utah and I was doing fine. We all were. When we got up to security I was taking pictures of everyone and then Kendall took pictures of me and Brendan saying good bye. When I kissed him I could feel him melt a little and Kendall saw it through the lense. She looked up from the camera and began sobbing then we all started to cry. (Brendan just a tiny hint) He went through security and kept looking back until he came to the stairs leading to the terminals. He started up the stairs and never looked back. We cried all kinds of emotions: sad, anxious, relief, and happy all the way home. I just wanted to crawl in my bed but trek was around the corner and I had to throw myself into it. It was probably a good thing. We miss him a lot but love his letters and emails every tuesday morning.















5 comments:

Karen said...

He will be an awesome missionary. He is an amazing person. Sorry it was a rough time. I love the shots. How sweet.

Stefanie H said...

i bet that was VERY emotional! Brendan is SUCH a wonderful example to everyone! He'll be an awesome missionary and teach/convert so many people, i know it!

Dawn, said...

I hope I get to experience those emotions in the future, at least twice!

Lacey Freeman said...

How awesome. I bet he will be amazing! I remember watching Jarom go and feeling a little bit of relief to have him gone, but I was so anxious to have him home the secong that he left!

AnnaLee & Roger Tillman Family Proclamation said...

I hope you don't mind . . . I just wanted to tell you how wonderful that Brendan is going. Where is he going on his mission? I remember our own feelings when Christopher left and continue to pray that someone would reach out to our lost lamb. No one seems to know how to reach him. He is going through some struggles right now as he prepares to return to Auburn to finish out his Junior year.

I also loved your comments about trek! We too were ma and pa for the Syracuse Handcart trek. Very spiritual for me and Roger.

We would love to write to Brendan, especially Ben. We also have a blogspot which I am still updating. It appears as if we are missing a child - Benjamin. Not so, I still have to add him.

Sharon Horrocks has my email if you wouldn't mind emailing me Brendan's mailing address.